Alcoholism Treatment Rehab: When Why and How
When you or a loved one is struggling with alcoholism, you feel like you are alone and no one understands. The truth is that there is help available. All you need to do is take that first step and get your life back. Alcoholism treatment in a rehab is the safest and most successful way to start the recovery process. There is no shame in admitting you need help, it is the bravest thing you can do.
ARCA is an alcoholism treatment rehab that believes recovery is a process and not a destination. There are different layers of addiction and we address each patient as an individual rather than a collective. One size treatment does not fit all as there are many other factors that cause the relapse of the disease, such as:
- Underlying psychological disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Environmental factors
This is why we have to assess each patient’s medical history and family background.
When Should I Go To Alcoholism Treatment Rehab?
Well, if you are here then it indicates you realize there is a problem and you need help. if you are sick and tired of struggling and realize you cannot do this alone, then the best time to go into alcoholism treatment is – Today. If you are the family or friend of an addicted loved one, look out for these signs:
- Frequent drinking
- Mood swings
- Poor work or school performance
- Denial about problem despite obvious consequences
- Violent behavior
- Driving while under the influence
- Hiding bottles in car, house or at work
- Secretive behavior
- Constant health issues
Why Should I Go to Alcoholism Treatment Rehab?
To be honest, no one really is that willing to get treatment. People who suffer with the disease of alcoholism rarely seek help without some sort of intervention. Here are a few reasons why rehab is needed:
- Quitting alcohol cold turkey is dangerous – blood pressure spikes, seizures, dehydration and death.
- You will learn how to live life sober – get your life back like never before. After rehab you will not only be back to normal but you will be even healthier in mind and body than you were before.
- Rehab can save your life – drug and alcohol abuse is the leading cause of death in the world today. You may not think that you will die, but the fact remains that the disease never ends well – for anyone.
- Self Awareness is gained – in rehab you learn things about yourself that is separate from your disease. You will discover where the root of the disease is and lose all the guilt and shame you feel about yourself. In rehab, there are a team of therapists who understand what you are going through. Not only that, there are other rehab friends who can relate and by sharing you gain new perspectives and a sense of hope.
- Rehab helps save relationships – in active addiction we burn many bridges with people who care about us. We abuse, manipulate and lie to those closest to us because of our addictive behavior. This is why family meetings and therapy in rehab is so very essential. Families get to share their feelings and experiences and prepare for their loved ones transition from substance abuse into rehab and beyond. Addiction is a family disease as everyone is affected.